We love ALDI as much as you do! This grocery chain offers up some of the best prices around. We're always sharing the hottest ALDI weekly ad sales and coupons! We also often post about our favorite ALDI food buys, and other seasonal products we love. From their popular Advent calendars to candles, wine, and even diapers, we're sharing all the best ALDI has to offer! Be sure to browse our ultimate list of favorite ALDI foods and drinks.
There are so many ALDI shopping tips that can save you even more money when shopping for you and your family! In case you didn't know, ALDI is a grocery store in a league of its own which boasts shorter hours, fewer product options, streamlined checkout, and exclusive brands - all priced significantly lower than their competitors. You'll save even more money with these genius tips to maximize your total savings at ALDI.
1. Pick up an empty box (or two) to stash under the cart.Forgot your own bags or in a hurry? As you shop, you'll notice empty boxes throughout the store either because shelf stockers can't clear them quickly enough or they purposely leave them out in large metal crates for you to grab.
ALDI doesn't bag groceries like a traditional grocery store and instead, cashiers unload scanned items into an empty cart for you to bag yourself once you finish checking out. If you often forget your bags or don't have any at all, this is a great option that will make transferring your groceries from the cart to the car much easier without having to buy more bags!
2. Save time & pay for your groceries while they're still being scanned.Speaking of checking out, if you're using a card, you can pay for your groceries while the cashier is still scanning. By inserting your card, the machine will approve your purchase and keep the line moving once the belt is clear. Once everything is done being scanned, the cashier will read your total, press a button to print your receipt, and you'll be on your way!
This is a huge perk of shopping at ALDI - even during a pandemic, you won't spend much time waiting in line due to the streamlined checkout process.
3. Don't bother with coupons unless they're ALDI's.This tactic applies specifically to meat. While ALDI doesn't take manufacturer coupons, they'll slap their own red discount stickers on meat when it's getting close to expiration. Sure, the shelf life is near the end, but either cook the meat when you get home for weekly meal prep or pop it in the freezer!
"In the past, I've scored 8 oz ribeye steaks for $1.99 each, organic ground beef for $3 per pound, and lots of other great meat deals just by watching for those red discount stickers!" - Stacy
Hip Tip: Need more freezer space? Check out our thoughts on if you need a stand-up freezer or a chest freezer - plus all our recommendations are currently in stock!
4. Get baked goods at a discount.ALDI is known to discount loaves of bread exactly 5 days before they expire. They also mark down other baked goods by 50% as they approach expiration. Keep your discounted bread fresh in a bread keeper or stash it away in the freezer until you're ready to use it.
5. Shop on Wednesday mornings.Not only will you take advantage of the Wednesday meat special, but the produce section during the morning hours is also at its best. Plan your recipes around what's on sale that week!
"Make sure you always check the dairy case for discounts, too. Milk is $1.98 here which is a great price, but those gallons are constantly rotating. The half-gallons however don’t rotate as much, so I’ve seen those drop to as low as $.50 each. These have short expirations, but if you’re like my family, we’ll have those long gone before the expiration date so I can grab two half-gallons for cheaper than a gallon." - Stacy
6. Avoid purchasing personal care items.Unfortunately, there's no real discount here. In fact, you'll pay even more per ounce than you would other retailers. Ultimately, you're better off getting your personal care items on Amazon (make sure to scoop up Subscribe & Save deals), big-box retailers, or drugstores when sales and/or coupons are available.
7. Don't overlook the special buys in Aldi Finds.This aisle may seem like a cheap trap, but you can find a hidden gem within this assortment of non-grocery products! Plan ahead and preview next week's upcoming Aldi Finds - new ones are released each Wednesday morning, but each store seems to have its own timing for putting out their new items.
At my Aldi, if you stop by on a Tuesday night, you may find them putting out the new Aldi finds. The good ones sell fast, so if you wait until Wednesday morning to look for them you may be too late.
8. Always ask a manager if something can be marked down.According to an employee at ALDI, asking a manager if or when something will be marked down again actually improves your chances of having the price lowered just so they can move the product - we've even witnessed this happening right on the spot! Sweet!
Also keep in mind that if your item is a seasonal item that isn't hopping off the shelf, they will eventually mark it down (and they get really generous with their markdowns when a new season is approaching) - even on food! However, if it’s something you really want, grab it while it's hot because when it’s gone, it’s gone for good!
Do you think you missed out? Make sure to look all-around when you’re looking for that hot seasonal item - not just where it’s marked on the shelf. Customers tend to move things or change their minds and put them back in other places. so keep your eyes peeled for those hidden gems!
9. Don't forget to get cashback.Grab cashback on groceries with apps such as Ibotta and Checkout51! By using either of these apps you can earn cashback when you shop in-store or online. All you need is your mobile phone or computer to save on these everyday essentials!
10. Return items you aren't happy with, with ALDI's Twice as Nice Guarantee!If for any reason you aren't 100% satisfied with the quality of a product, ALDI will gladly replace the product and refund your money. To receive the Twice as Nice Guarantee, the product packaging and any unused product must be returned to your local ALDI store manager.
Additionally, a receipt is required to receive a refund in the original form of payment. Customers who do not provide a receipt will receive an ALDI Merchandise Credit gift card equal to the current retail price of the returned item.
Read more about their Twice as Nice Guarantee here.
*Note that the Twice As Nice Guarantee does not apply to non-food ALDI Finds items, alcohol national brands, and non-quality related issues.
11. Check Reddit for product reviews.Reddit is an amazing source of unsolicited opinions on just about anything. Check the ALDI subreddit for feedback on products, special buys, and shopping experiences!
12. Bookmark our Hip2Save ALDI page for the best deals!We love ALDI as much as you do! This grocery chain offers up some of the best prices around and we're always sharing the hottest ALDI weekly ad sales and coupons! Plus, we often post about our favorite ALDI food buys and other seasonal products we love, from their popular Advent calendars to candles, wine, and even diapers!
So make sure to bookmark this page where we're sharing all the best ALDI has to offer and don't forget to browse our ultimate list of favorite ALDI foods and drinks.
Do you eat Keto?You're in luck because if you head over to our sister site, Hip2Keto, you can bookmark our Keto ALDI page to get the latest & best ALDI coupons, deals, discounts, and promotions. From budget-friendly snacks to 81 of the best keto finds at ALDI, it's a surprisingly a popular place to shop and save money on all your favorite low-carb, keto foods, too!
Here are 13 of the best grocery products you should always buy at ALDI!
Page 1 of 20